This website was last tested on 6th August 2021. We use the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA to test how accessible this.nhs.uk is. We used this approach to decide on a sample of pages to test:
- Looked at all mediums used on the site for example text, images, maps, videos, forms etc
- Added at least one page per item to our sample list
- Always include the homepage
The test was carried out by The Health Informatics Service Web Department. Automated tests were used to check the accessibility of the site but they do not show most accessibility issues. We used Lighthouse to audit each page in the sample for accessibility issues. We used Wave and Axe DevTools to test for accessibility issues on pages that do not need users to sign in. Errors found were correlated and checked manually. A keyboard, tab through and zoom check was done. These tests were completed using a Google Chrome browser on Windows 10 with a 14 inch screen.
- 2.4.9 Link Purpose (Link Only) (Level AAA) - Links witht he same accesssible name do not serve a similar purpose
- 1.3.5 Identify Input Purpose (Level AA) - Autocomplete attribute is not used correctly